1. Did Catherine Elcoat fly economy, business class or first class?
2. How much did her airfares cost in total for her five trips to Tasmania?
3. What is meant by Fiona Stoker’s comment: ‘‘The Department is unable to report on separate cost centres for international consultants.” Does this mean that Elcoat was paid by the organisations and institutions she visited?
4. Fiona Stoker stated that Elcoat “spent a day with RHH staff at their request to enable them to demonstrate their case work.” Who made the request? How many staff were involved in demonstrating their case work? Did the RHH pay her for this day’s work? If so, how much?
5. Is Fiona Stoker a former British health professional? If so, what, where and when was her last post in the UK?
6. Was Dame Catherine accompanied by any other health professionals on any of her visits? If so , who, how many times, and the cost of these tickets?
There was no response.
On Monday, Tasmania’s Chief Nurse Fiona Stoker confirmed that Catherine Elcoat visited the state five times in an eleven month period and DHHS paid for her airfares. But her answers raised further questions, which are listed below: